31 December 2011

Quietly slipping into the new year

The world is slipping into a new year, boisterously for some, and sedately for others. Being still in too much pain, I will slip into 2012 quietly, but in the company of the three people who mean more to me than life. They have helped me in so many ways since the onset of these recent pains.

They have cooked up some very delicious food for us all! After the Chicken Bubble-Up on Christmas day, Oliver made Chili, and it has been aging since. David then made a batch of Zuppa Toscana (just like the Olive Garden soup of the same name). David's is even better than the OG soup. Hands down, better.

I guess none of them was in a picture-taking frame of mind to document their cooking efforts. Maybe I can still get one of them to snap a few.

Tonight, it being New Year's Eve, the guys will be making our traditional New Year's Eve snack called Northern Stars, a sour cream, mayo, swiss cheese and seasonings mixture to spread on thin slices of baguette, topping some with minced green and red bell pepper, and then broiled until the tops are melted and golden. Oh, they are so good.

Well, I feel like I have reached the end of endurance for the time being.

I hope 2012 will be a better year for all of us who share this little planet. Wishing one and all Peace, Health, Safety, and Love in the new year,

Eileen

No comments:

Post a Comment